This was our 2013 Jayco Flight Swift 198 RD

THIS WAS OUR 2013 JAYCO FLIGHT SWIFT 198RD, PARKED AT THE TOMBSTONE TERRITORIES RV PARK IN ARIZONA



Monday 6 May 2019

Another Trip

Hi everyone! Thanks for not giving up on my blog writing. I know you must be wondering if there is nothing to write about in my life. There is plenty, but all I can say at this point is that my Mom is not doing so good coping by herself in Germany. My sister went to see her in April but only three weeks after her return to Canada there seems to be another crisis with Mom.  So I am flying out tomorrow to see what I can accomplish.


In the meantime Benno has been very busy with projects around the house.  I had said to him that it would be great if I had an electrical outlet in my shed.  When we assembled it several years ago it didn’t seem necessary to have power in there. After all we have an electrical outlet just about everywhere outside the house, outside and inside the garage, outside and inside Benno’s shed and a full hookup for the camper. This spring Benno thought he would do me the favor and grant me my wish. It never even occurred to me to take pictures of the trench he dug from my garden shed to underneath the deck where the conduit with cable runs to disappear underneath the house into the crawlspace where the cable is connected. Inside my garden shed the conduit comes up neatly at the wall and the outlet is just above the table. It is wonderful that I can now plug in the weed trimmer batteries to charge and to use my new toy, the rock tumbler, in the shed as well. Thanks to my hubby I got it now.


You can hardly see where the conduit is buried as the grass is nicely growing on top of it. I did help with the dirty earthwork, yep, but the rest is Benno’s doing.




Another item on our to do list that got pushed off again and again were the front steps into our house. When we rebuilt, i.e. fixed up the house and the area in front was redone with a concrete pad, there was a gap up to the door that needed a proper step. We temporarily put concrete blocks with a wooden board on top to help the situation and then went on to other things. Over time we got so used to this temporary fix, that we just ignored it. 


I think Benno outdid himself with this project. Look at this beauty of an entrance step. It is so solid and heavy built with the best materials including composite Trex Decking and aluminum powder coated railing, which will last hopefully for many years to come.  









It looks like the weather has finally turned for the better and although the ground is still pretty saturated from all that rain we have had, the sunshine is trying its best to dry out the ground and today I gave it a try by cutting a good section of the grass with my lawn tractor.  Lets hope for many warm and dry days this spring and summer.

I’ll be in Germany close to the Hanseatic City of Stade for the next little while and hope to have better news when I come back. My garden has to wait for my return and maybe the flowers in the garden centers will be all on sale by then. If I can I will pop into the blogs from time to time, otherwise I have to catch up later.

Thanks everyone for checking in. Please do so again, I appreciate it.


9 comments:

  1. You guys have been very busy love the projects that Benno has done, Hope your mom does well and you can help her out when you are away, Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benno did good. As to Mom, she is 91 years old, still in her house, with many health issues and no relatives there. Sigh.

      Delete
  2. So sorry that your Mom is going through such a difficult time but it is to be expected. Wow such an elegant entrance now. Swiss Gear luggage, same as ours. Be careful that your wheel doesn't fall off :)

    Safe travels. At least Benno has no puppies to care for this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contessa it feels like entering a new house :-) My travel luggage has been through quite a few trips and I hope it will last a bit longer as I love it. Have more of them, just a bit bigger so not good for carryon.

      Delete
  3. How sad that your Mom is having a rough time but it is nice that you girls can fly home to her and lend a hand for periods of time.
    Your sheds are the most beautiful sheds I've seen, Benno does an awesome job - of course with your valued assistance. :)
    That step is gorgeous! I remember the make shift fix you had when we visited and this improvement is over the top. Lovely!
    Hope things go well in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patsy. I served Benno some ice-cream for a job well done! It will be a difficult trip and I hope for the best.

      Delete
  4. The new steps look great and I bet the outlet in the shed will come in handy with the rock tumbler, they can be a little noisy. Good luck in Germany!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jim and Barb. I tell Benno what you said. Actually the rock tumbler has a rubber drum so its not too bad noise wise. But yes, the rattle can be annoying over time so now I hope not to forget when its in action. ;-)

      Delete
  5. The both of you have been extra busy around your house.
    Wishing you a Safe Trip and hopefully it will be an Enjoyable one.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete