This was our 2013 Jayco Flight Swift 198 RD

THIS WAS OUR 2013 JAYCO FLIGHT SWIFT 198RD, PARKED AT THE TOMBSTONE TERRITORIES RV PARK IN ARIZONA



Wednesday 21 April 2021

That was a short spring/summer

We woke up to 5inches/12cm of fresh snow this morning. April fools has long gone, so it was not funny. Although the sight outside was kind of pretty especially later on when the sun came out, I feared for the fate of my flowers and if they survived. I also felt sad for all the birds. 


Already weeks ago I used up the rest of the birdseeds so I had none left. My offerings of breadcrumbs, crushed nuts, a slice of hard-boiled egg and various scraps were mostly ignored except for a raucous grackle that must have been very hungry. All this snow covering the ground I suspect was not a good thing for the robins that usually hop around on our grass looking for earthworms. Well, such is nature and life.

 





Upon further inspection of the garden later on I found the daffodils, tulips and bunches of grape hyacinth almost laying flat pressed down from the heavy pile of snow on top. I had to help the tender and fragile stems coming upright by removing heavy clumps of snow. Both the flowers and I are now feeling so much better!



First sight in the morning showed the little camper/birdhouse totally covered in snow with the entrance hole snowed shut. I took a photo of it and an hour later I witnessed the bird mama, who had spent the night in there perhaps warming a few chicks, poking her head through the snow covered opening. That was so cute. 





By the looks of the weather forecast for next week, I guess we’ll be in shorts and t-shirts. Crazy April.

 

Thanks for stopping by again. 

16 comments:

  1. SNOW?? Good grief! Hope it's all melted soon and your flowers survive. I have to admit, it is pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief is what we thought, too. Yes, by late afternoon when I took the picture of the daffodils most of the white stuff had disappeared. Still cold though.

      Delete
  2. You definitely got much more Snow then we did but it looks like it disappeared just as fast. Hopefully your Flowers survived.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the April weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got the lake effect from the snow which sometimes is in our favour, but not this time. Yep, most of the snow is gone but some north facing roofs are still covered. Should be gone tomorrow. The spring flowers are ok except for a few stems that got a kink because of the weight, but most look like the frost didn't harm them.

      Delete
  3. Sorry you got the snow, and we, a couple of hundred kilometres to the north, got none!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather in April can bring many surprises but for us in the southern part this cold front was unusual. Glad it didn't last long. The area you live is beautiful though when it greens up.

      Delete
  4. You guys really got clobbered with snow down there, I sure have nothing to complain about with just a few flakes in the air and a slight dusting here and there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK Al, you got off easy this time but wait...
      Really, you guys are much further ahead with spring than we are. Lake Huron must have something to do with it.

      Delete
  5. P.S. I really like that first blue photo:))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, glad this was a few days ago. You'll be back into spring again now. ;) Crazy April is right!
    NO rv should ever be covered in snow, and that includes bird house ones!!
    get your summer weather clothes out Marlene, it's on its way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about no snow on RVs! Can't wait for digging out my summer clothes. I don't know if they will still fit?

      Delete
  7. What a shock to wake up to. Fortunately it did not last too long and I am glad to see that your flowers survived. Did you know that you had a Momma bird up there? The climate is certainly changing everywhere. Between it and the pandemic who know what the summer will bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That snow certainly caught us by surprise. Yep, I knew mom and dad were busy at the bird camper but hadn't checked if any chicks are in it yet. As for the summer, I won't hold my breath but lets hope for the best.

      Delete
  8. The nice thing about snow this time of year is that it is usually short lived! Hopefully it is gone already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the snow is gone however the temps are still or again are way too cool for this time of year. Strange weather we are having.

      Delete