This was our 2013 Jayco Flight Swift 198 RD

THIS WAS OUR 2013 JAYCO FLIGHT SWIFT 198RD, PARKED AT THE TOMBSTONE TERRITORIES RV PARK IN ARIZONA



Friday 24 May 2024

No need for a snowblower right now

Well, this month has been great so far and we have been super busy. My complaint about the rain must have been heard, because we have been blessed with sunshine and really nice temperatures thereafter. Of course the pesky small fish or May flies came out, but other than leaving a tiny green smudge wherever they landed, they are harmless, don’t sting and die off a couple of days later. We don’t have black flies down here in southern Ontario and I have not seen many mosquitoes, so we can sit out on our deck in the afternoons enjoying the weather.

Poppies starting to bloom


The lawn cutting kept me occupied more than I wanted, but the grass has slowed down growing this last week. While cutting I came across a bunch of dried clippings piled on the lawn. Upon investigation and a peak underneath, I saw it was a rabbit nest doug out into a slope just as I suspected. Only two little bunnies were snuggled inside. I left it alone and cut around it. Late at night we saw mama Rabbit come to the nest to nurse her offspring.


Rabbit Nest


A couple of little bunnies


I checked daily to make sure they were tended to. One morning about three weeks later the nest was empty but, huddled underneath my (Veronica Whitewater flowering bush) sat one little frightened bunny. It was also there the next morning. Since then there have been no sightings of any rabbits.


I am too frightened to come out


Again as in previous years I have planted a few veggies into pots and placed them along the back wall of the garage. They get full sun there and are a bit protected from rain. Hopefully they will produce a good harvest. As to the perennials, I have to wait a bit longer for them to show their flowers, but annuals are doing fine.





A gift from my sis


On Mother’s Day my sister thought it would be a good idea to spend it together so she and her husband came for a visit. We both baked cakes that you cannot purchase anywhere here to share and I got gifted a handmade stepping stone that my sister made with inlayed stained glass in the form of a turtle. She is so talented and you should see her other creations!





Plum butter twist coffee cake from my sis


Haselnut Marzipan Torte


Salmon Wellington dinner


And finally, Benno has been busy too. He fixed the damage on our travel trailer that we received when the tire exploded. I made him take my John Deere lawnmower apart to have the blades sharpened and to adjust the steering. Of course he is busy with the boat also but for all those projects he has going I will add them to another blog post as they need explaining. 


Not an easy fix, but he did it



Can't see a diddle thing now



Wishing everyone a nice and relaxing weekend. Thanks for dropping in.

10 comments:

  1. Benno did a great job on repairing the RV and you two always keep busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think Benno's repair job went well. Yep, we do a lot every day :-)

      Delete
  2. Your plants are beautiful. I still have vegetables to buy and plant in pots.
    The weather did improve, it was an awesome weekend and week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your area is always a couple of weeks later to warm up but then its so much greener in the summer than it is here. Thanks about the plants, I have to give credit to the supplier for the most part.

      Delete
  3. Nice that you were able to protect the Bunnies.
    It's nice to be busy but Benno, probably needs a day off. LOL.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your weekend.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did like the bunnies but I'm aware that many people do not appreciate having them in their gardens. There is a place and purpose for all the creatures.

      Delete
  4. Good to know you're having great weather now, as seen by the beautiful flowers. Those cakes! That dinner! Living the good life. Benno has no end of talents, good job and "Hi Benno".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Benno said thanks and hi back to you two. We did put on some calories on Mother's day but all worth it!

      Delete
  5. WOW!!! Those cakes are amazing! What a fabulous meal!!! And I LOVE your garden art!! Oh the bunnies ... what a strange place to have them. I hope they survived ... they are so darn cute!!! Love the flowers ... they sure brighten up your garden!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy Rabbits dig holes in the grass to have their babies and it chose wisely using a slope so the rain could run off. I now have to put grass seeds on that spot, but I don't mind. I'll never know what happened to them, but maybe it's good that I don't.

      Delete