This was our 2013 Jayco Flight Swift 198 RD

THIS WAS OUR 2013 JAYCO FLIGHT SWIFT 198RD, PARKED AT THE TOMBSTONE TERRITORIES RV PARK IN ARIZONA



Thursday 4 January 2024

That was unexpected

 When we arrived on Dec. 30 here are the park, I went straight to the office of the park to check in. Nina, the owner, answered the door after I rang the bell. I asked her if she remembered us from 4 years ago and surprisingly she said she did. I hoped we were in luck to get a spot and preferably a pull through. What I then learned came totally unexpected. Nina said to just find a vacant and suitable spot for us and that she was no longer in charge. Her husband Kenneth had passed away three years ago and she just sold the park. The new owners would come on January 1st to take charge. Then when I asked how much the monthly park fee would be, she said she had no idea!



That news was a bit unsettling to say the least. However, we took a pull through spot and settled in. After talking to our neighbours they were totally in the dark as to the future of this park as well. 


New Year’s Eve we were invited to a wonderful get-together hosted by a nice couple that own a Keystone Redwood fifth wheel, I guess 40 ft or larger on our row. They had put up a large tent with a gas fire pit and picnic table and chairs inside, as well a large gas lit fire pit outside the tent. They had purchased several extra large pizzas that they warmed up and served as well as snack contributions from other park guests. What a great way to ring in the new year and we got to know a bunch of nice people.


On January 1st the three new owners showed up and took inventory of the park. Our stay is still at $305.70/month. We were told that improvements will be forthcoming starting with a laundry facility. So we are relaxed for the time being. 




So this park is now called: Mustang Corner RV Park. It is located on Arizona State Route 82, not far from the intersection of Hwy 90. At the south-east corner of Hwy 90 the Chevron gas station’s store is called Mustang Corner Convenience. I presume the current website of K&N RV Park will be updated or a new one will appear.






As to other happenings, we needed a SIM card for our cell phone. Usually this is not a big deal, but we also use it as a hotspot. I went to the Verizon store in Sierra Vista to get this done. They tried to connect my iPhone SE3 but it would not make any calls. Remote experts were involved and after 2-1/2 hours of unsuccessfully trying this or that, I suggested to try another SIM card as the current one might be defective. The technician thought that could not to be the case but did so on my request. Wouldn’t you know it, then it worked!


Today I had Benno fix the big drawer in my kitchen underneath the stove, this involved a trip to the  “Harbor Freight” hardware store, how convenient for my man, isn’t it! He got lost in it because it took him a long time, while the dogs and me were waiting in the truck. He came out empty handed and we got every thing at the Home Depot, haha.

This drawer is huge and has come off the slides a few times while traveling and now the slides were bent. He installed new slides and removed the heavy double bottom piece that we estimate weight 15 Ibs+ He will figure out a solution so that this drawer will stay shut when traveling.









We have a cold spell at the moment with freezing temps at night. The sun helps during the day and hopefully soon we get to more seasonable temps. 


Thanks for dropping in again and stay tuned for my next update.

10 comments:

  1. Interesting about the park. I figured that was where you were. Great monthly rate too!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to be in place & the new owners starting the best way.Funny that you just happened to find something to keep Benno busy,lol.E njoy your winter & all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know what I would do without Benno.

      Delete
  3. Great job trouble shooting your phone. Funny that you knew more than the technician!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm maybe I can stop by if you are still there next month. What a nice place to stay and priced nicely too. Hope it stays that way. Benno once again amazes me with his expertise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see you if you make the trip. Let us know and I will make arrangements.

      Delete