This was our 2013 Jayco Flight Swift 198 RD

THIS WAS OUR 2013 JAYCO FLIGHT SWIFT 198RD, PARKED AT THE TOMBSTONE TERRITORIES RV PARK IN ARIZONA



Thursday 23 February 2023

Hot weather in Florida

It has now become hot here in Florida and apparently we are breaking records with these kinds of temperatures in February. Well, we got air-conditioning inside the travel trailer and outside in the shade with a little bit of a breeze, I find it tolerable to sit reading a book or looking into my iPad for more reading or playing a game.

 

An arial view of the pond with a picnic table. The RVs are in storage to the right.

The hot weather is turning the pond into a swamp

In a previous post I had shown you a photo of that little pond at the outer edge of this RV Park and an old sign warning not to feed the alligators. Of course there are no large alligators there, the management of the park would have them removed, but you never know. Most of the residents here do not even walk that way, but we dog owners do like to stroll around it and take the trail further down in-between fields and along a little creek or drainage canal towards the country road 48. At first sight it appears that there isn’t much to see there and it does look a bit swampy at some places. At the beginning of this month I had by chance come across a turtle just as she was covering up the hole where she had laid her eggs. Today I went there without our dogs just to see if Mrs. Turtle was around for another photo op. She was not, but have a look what I came across, although I had to round the pond three times to capture the wildlife within it. At the first rounding I noticed this fellow, but it took a quick dive being spooked by my surprised move of raising the camera. At the second rounding it just poked the head out the water and dove quickly back in. Once more I did a third rounding and remembered the TV series “Seals” and snuck up on him like the “Special Forces” through the bush and took the shot (with the camera). Below the picture of Mister “Taste like Chicken” 

 

He is just a small gator at about 2+ feet


I spotted fish in the pond (centre of the photo)

A couple of Common Moorhen


This will be a nice water lily when in full bloom



A Sandhill Crane looking for food. He flew off as soon as he saw me.


Last Monday Benno was on the hunt for another edition from Vince Flynn, who is one of his favorite authors and the best way to find one was to head over to the Monday Flee Market at the Sumpter County Fairgrounds, Rte. 471. This Flea Market is smaller than the one in Webster, although still a plenty large area. The Webster Flea Market lies just a few miles further south on the same route. We knew of a lady in one of the stalls that has all her books sorted by authors so you don’t have to riffle through endless piles of books and Benno found one of the series he hadn’t read before, so it was a success. Meanwhile I wandered around to look at things. Here are a few photos of what my eyes spotted while browsing the merchandise.

 


Look at this little piggy. Isn't it sweet!


I didn't ask how much they wanted for the Lynx



This vendor lady showed me her Chihuahua


Perhaps next Monday we will head over to Webster to peruse the vendors at the Flea Market if the weather is not too hot. We’ll see how it goes.

Thanks for dropping in again.


12 comments:

  1. Although I would consider 80's too hot, the current temperature where we are right now is 2f so I think I'd take the heat!

    Great alligator picture s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2F is extreme cold just as 90ies here are too much! Lets stay indoors :-)

      Delete
  2. Shorts! They are wearing shorts!! Haven't seen ANY of that here in the desert! LOL. Love the alligator picture ... he's a cutie. Great stealth job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, its shorts weather for sure if not bathing suits where appropriate. The alligator was shy and maybe there is a sibling!

      Delete
  3. I know you're not complaining but I've learned never to do that when it's hot. It can change in a heart beat. ♥️ enjoy, oh and send some to Arizona please.
    Cute alligator, that size is ok by me. Cute piggy also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind shipping some degrees of our temps further southwest ;-) The pig acted like a dog!

      Delete
  4. Love that you are getting out to the various "fleas", my BIL goes every weekend down in Sebring. Yep, hot is right, and thank goodness for A/C! Cool pig too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The description about flea markets sure fit as I could swear that Reggie brought one home from there, lol.

      Delete
  5. Well at least it is warm somewhere...lol Great stealth picture taking of the alligator. Cute piggy and the cat is pretty, Keep enjoying the warmth and if you get tired of it send some this way...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's warm here and I'll gladly send some your way!

      Delete
  6. Once in Maui there was a pet pig that walked the beach everyday. Happy that someone I know is enjoying the heat. I have been wearing a cardigan most days. Contessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very unusual cold for Mexico, Contessa. Hope you enjoy it there anyway, have fun with the doxies!

      Delete