This was our 2013 Jayco Flight Swift 198 RD

THIS WAS OUR 2013 JAYCO FLIGHT SWIFT 198RD, PARKED AT THE TOMBSTONE TERRITORIES RV PARK IN ARIZONA



Saturday 15 April 2023

What a great gift this nice weather has been

Ever since we arrived back home we hit the ground running. With so much stored up energy over the winter in Florida, we jumped right into chores in and around the house. At the same time the garden is exploding with flowers starting to bloom and buds on trees and shrubs. Today we made a trip to the local leaf and yard depot to drop off three huge bags full of what I accumulated in my clean up efforts in the garden.

 

2 Kayaks out in the marshes, around the corner from us

Daffodils in my flowerbed 


And the Grape Hyacinth that keeps multiplying


Benno had reinstalled the battery in my John Deere lawnmower and moved the snow blower back into its resting place and brought out the garden furniture as well. We already made good use of them sitting out on the deck enjoying the weather. Today I even cut the grass in the backyard, as did all of our neighbors in their yards. 

 


Lots of Robins on our lawn are picking to find earthworms, but then I noticed this Northern Flicker being rather persistent at pecking in the grass, aerating it as he went. How cute.

 

I took these photos through our bedroom window
I guess he saw me?


While my hubby washed the travel trailer from top to bottom to make it sparkle again, I looked after the laundry. My washer/dryer are doing a much better job than the machines I used in Florida. All in all, we have been busy, but loving being back home.

 


On a trip we took in the country we commented how nice that red truck looked at a front yard and I quickly snapped a photo with my phone.

 


As we drove past it, we said wow, how unique. Here is a true 1st Class expert at work and there are not many of them on our planet!

 


Recently the Caldwell First Nation, who own property here in Leamington, built a gas station with variety store and their grand opening, was today. Their gas prices are 10 cents under most gas stations every day but today the prices dropped even more. Gasoline was $1.299/liter (US $3.63/gal) versus $1.549 everywhere else, a saving of 25 cents per liter. You can imagine the lineup at the pumps and there were 13 bays. On my first look I compared the situation like it used to be at the Canadian/American border crossing. For the natives the savings are even greater than that and they have a separate pump to fill up. Luckily this gas station is very close to where we live.

 


Looking back at all the cars wanting gas and lining up on the road trying to get in

The next couple of weeks the weather forecasters predict more seasonal temperatures and a cold spell, so we will be spending a bit more time indoors.


And last but not least the tough Periwinkle
that even blooms in the snow

Thanks for dropping in again.

  

15 comments:

  1. Happy to see that you made it home safely. You sure have had a nice week weather wise to get a good start on cleaning up the yard. We were hoping it would last a few more days so we could get some of the same done at the Ridge, but not to be this week. Hopefully the weather will improve soon and we will get all that needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, its only the middle of April so I'm sure warm weather will arrive at your place soon. Just be grateful that you don't have to mow the grass already ;-)

      Delete
  2. Holy, those were some long lines at the gas station! I bet it feels good to get out and do some yard work and enjoy the fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although work, I did enjoy the yard activity. There were fewer cars using the right side fill so we moved up and dragged the hose over the truck to fill our tank no problem.

      Delete
  3. Love all the fresh flowers peeking out. Changing locales does seem to boost the energy levels for sure, and not just because of the chores that have been waiting patiently for us to get home, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Springtime is my favourite time of year because of all the new growth. I just hope there won't be another snowfall.

      Delete
  4. Wow ... your flowers are blooming!!! Nothing here yet. That car made me laugh! What a great advertisement!! I don't have the patience for those long gas lines ... I would have to go somewhere else. You could burn up a tank just waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were free burgers and hotdogs at the grand opening with free water bottles. That might have helped those that had to wait a long time and a band was playing native tunes.

      Delete
  5. Spring has sprung in your area, great photos. It won't be long before you have some feathered friends building nests in your boxes.
    Contessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All our birdhouses have occupants but I don't know if they started laying eggs yet.

      Delete
  6. You really do hit the ground running. The daffodils are beautiful. I always enjoyed those first warm days in the spring when I could finally open the windows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first warm days of springtime are special and I'm glad mother nature gave us that gift.

      Delete
  7. It always Leo's us busy as soon as we get home too, but as long as the weather cooperates, we enjoy it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will hopefully more opportunities as springtime is usually short here in Ontario.

      Delete